Decking Drainage issue

there is no quick fix here. its a pain to lift them as you know but the only real solution.

1:50 is a minimum for a softwood deck in my opinion.

90% of people dont even bother to run a string line over to check the joists are all flat and then they screw boards down creating little troughs over a low joist etc.

Yeah I started putting them down when I realised some joists were lower or warped so luckily picked up on that one in time and put it right. It's just the slope at one end that's not draining fast enough and I know I'm going to have to lift a lot of boards to sort that now since, as you say, there doesn't seem to be a quick fix.

Can it wait a few months or will the damage progress quickly? What with short days, cold and Xmas, I might look a bit of an idiot decking in December!

Sponsored Links
If the timber is relatively new then its not going to make much difference, it should be fine till spring. Short nights make outdoor jobs a pain at this time of year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back