Remove light shaver socket in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have a wall mounted light shaver socket just above mirror in bathroom. We plan to remove mirror and light shaver socket and put wall cabinet instead. How can I make off cables after taking out light shaver socket? Can i do this myself or needs electrician? Just FYI, I am new to DIY stuff..

Rgds,
Kan22

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You can remove the light/shaver socket, but you cannot just leave the cables buried in the wall, unless there is a blanking plate or other accessory to denote that is where the cables are.

If this is an upstairs bathroom with a loft above, it should be easy to terminate the cables up in the loft.
Terminate them in a junction box, like this http://www.screwfix.com/p/5a-4-terminal-standard-junction-box-white/8906d?_requestid=307171[/QUOTE]
Yes. This is upstairs bathroom just below loft.. will check loft today..

After opening the light shaver housing, I found that it's part of lighting ring circuit. How do I remove this connection without affecting ring circuit?

Hi, can you pull the cable up into the loft ? Or trace it in the loft and terminate it there in a terminal box.

Kind regards,

DS

How many cables go to the cabinet?
If only one, trace it back to its source and disconnect it there.
If two, or more, you can p;ut a junction box up in the loft.

PS lighting circuits are radials, not "rings".

How many cables go to the cabinet?
If only one, trace it back to its source and disconnect it there.
If two, or more, you can p;ut a junction box up in the loft.

PS lighting circuits are radials, not "rings".

Light shaver socket has two wires connected to each terminal.. we plan to remove it and put wooden cabinet instead( no light/ socket connection required).. if i put junction box in loft, how do I extend the other wire connected to light shaver socket..btw I am entirely new to UK electrical circuits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back