glowworm 30 cxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im going to look at the above boiler on sunday. the boiler has power to it and the control fuse is ok. The problem is the boiler is dead no lights or display any ideas would be a great help. im looking at the wiring diagram and fault chart and to me its saying pcb.
i am gas safe and hopefully was listed as this originally
thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Does anyone know if there is a faulty output from the board ie fan motor could this stop the board giving a signal to tge lighting display or would it error code/ take out the control fuse. Am in tge process of waiting for combustion chamber approvement but am looking at the boiler sunday.
thanks

Is there power from board to display? If not I would be thinking it's the pcb. If there is power but no display then the display needs replacing.

no power to display board but there is to the main board could anything else create this problem without blowing the control fuse.

The majority of problems with no display are due to a faulty pcb. On the rare occasion a faulty fan can cause loss of display and on a very very very rare occasion a faulty pressure sensor can cause the same problem. If your unsure disconnect the low voltage wiring harness plugs on the left hand side of the boiler and see if the display returns with an F code if it's still blank then it will be 99.9% the main board

I have 240v power to the controls interface board could this stop the display working.ive disconnected the thermostat supply and then bridged out the no volt contacts but nothing happens still.

PCB, Had two with identical faults 24cxi and 30cxi, new pcb about £120/150
unless you go for the exchange about £60/70.
Takes about 2 mins to change, you will probably get E13 display to start with and then after a few moments it will clear itself and fire up, if not turn to reset and off you go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back