Can you identify the thermostatic shower cartridge ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - having a nightmare. Managed to get the cartridge out of my shower and sadly no visible make or model to help find a replacement.

The "serial" number I found on the underside of the cartridge reads 04002-01-05

I am sure there are some seasoned plumbers on here who could solve this easily - if so please do :)

:arrow:

Sponsored Links
Hi - not pictured sadly but have sent a pic to them.

I expected £70 or so - still cheaper than having a plumber do it.

Cheers chap !!!

Sponsored Links
Sorry that's me out of ideas ;)
Trouble seems to be loads of "special offer" taps etc on the market that are just one off imports, suppose you have tried descaling it to see if that works.

That looks like a mixer tap cartridge. It isn't a thermostatic cartridge. Search fleabay or Internet.
Is it dripping when switched off?

Is it a single lever type shower valve?

Try National Shower Spares, I've always found them to be very helpful

That looks like a mixer tap cartridge. It isn't a thermostatic cartridge. Search fleabay or Internet.
Is it dripping when switched off?

Is it a single lever type shower valve?

Ahhhhh I never thought of that !!!! I've done some heavy google image searching will amend the search.

Single control knob - assumed it was thermostatic given size etc? No leaking it just decided what temp it would output and the knob made no difference to the temp although it did stiffen up during the last few weeks of operation.

In the meanwhile attached a pic with the knob attached - any ideas plumbing ninjas ?

To be honest, without the name of the importer you are probably stuffed. I see a lot of imported tat that cannot be mended due to lack of spares. There may be a plumbers merchant near to you that stocks cartridges. Or look again at Lunns.
Personally I would change the whole caboodle and install a Grohe or Trevi valve.
If brave you can open the cartridge and investigate. It may be thermostatic.

To be honest, without the name of the importer you are probably stuffed. I see a lot of imported tat that cannot be mended due to lack of spares. There may be a plumbers merchant near to you that stocks cartridges. Or look again at Lunns.
Personally I would change the whole caboodle and install a Grohe or Trevi valve.
If brave you can open the cartridge and investigate. It may be thermostatic.

Bought it with the house so no idea sadly.

If I do open it is there an easy way of identifying if it is a mixer or thermostatic? Also would a descale work in both cases (potentially) ?

This is such a friendly forum thankyou all for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back