ford focus bonnet open heat fan /windows/washers not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ford Focus bonnet open display on dash HEATERS fan,ELECTRIC WINDOWS,FRONT SCREEN JETS NOT WORKING,
HAVE CHECKED FUSES
This may be as sometimes happens the passengers feet loosened one plug lever directly
under the fusebox in the passenger footwell!!!! so (without dropping the fuse box) There are two clusters of coloured wires , with
push levers and see if they are clicked into place if not push the back up click in place and
check faults have gone should all works often only one cluster is involved
hope you have that sweet feeling...

Sponsored Links
The answer given about passengers sometimes knocking the lever was absolutely spot on. I followed the advice and fixed my problem in less than 20 seconds.

Thanks a lot

Jon

Ford Focus bonnet open display on dash HEATERS fan,ELECTRIC WINDOWS,FRONT SCREEN JETS NOT WORKING,
HAVE CHECKED FUSES
This may be as sometimes happens the passengers feet loosened one plug lever directly
under the fusebox in the passenger footwell!!!! so (without dropping the fuse box) There are two clusters of coloured wires , with
push levers and see if they are clicked into place if not push the back up click in place and
check faults have gone should all works often only one cluster is involved
hope you have that sweet feeling...

Saved me a trip to the garage in the morning also. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
OH cleaned the car and knocked the lever. Thought I was looking at £££'s to take it in for repairs.

saved me a small fortune, something so basic can cause such a nightmare, ford design need a good seeing too, muppets

Just registered to say thanks for this! Like others was expecting an expensive trip to my garage.

Took me about 20 secs to fix! Excellent!

I had exactly this problem today. After previous problems I was expecting the worst. Googled problem and up popped this site. Fault fixed, Mrs told off, lol
Many thanks.
Andy

Mate you are at the Top of my Christmas list 1 you save me from getting scammed as I got a auto electric out said it would cost me £££ and 2 saved me from getting the wife a new car as she thought it was ****ed thanks a lot mate

Excellent and brilliant! Thank you very much indeed! No doubt saved me a good few quid!!

Absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much for this; I applied the solution to my C-Max today and - hey presto - problem solved! Temp reading now showing, window now closed (after four days of being covered with bin bags) and 'bonnet open' warning has disappeared. I've spent most of this week checking fuses and scratching my head, so finding this forum just now and being able to fix the problem so quickly and easily was great - and yes, I had that sweet feeling... :)

I had a MK2 for years and it developed a problem in July 2014 where the car would simply not start. It would unlock, the radio would work, the courtesy lights would come on, etc. but it would not start. Had to leave it at work and come back the next day when it would be fine in the morning. Then, after a day out in the summer sun, it would fail to start.

Had the AA out, fiddled with the fuse box - nothing. Fiddled with the fuse box a bit more as the afternoon turned into evening and hey presto, it starts...

Turns out there is a connector in the fuse box linked to the ignition. In the hot weather, the plastic was expanding and pushing the metal connector out of the socket. When the temperatures cooled, it would then contract and reconnect. Went on for weeks that did before I worked it out...

Just registered to say a huge thank you for your advice!! Driving ford focus 05 with son (6ft ) in passenger seat when windows wouldn't open and fan not working, thought to myself 'oh no this car is finished' because just paid out dosh to get electronics fixed. So with heavy heart and just before i rang my mechanic i googled and came up with your advice, out to car and looked under passenger side and sure enough a lead had come loose (son obviously kicked it loose with long legs!) so i pushed it back in, turned on car and hey presto windows and fan working!!!! so happy with myself!!! as being a woman this is the very first thing i have EVER fixed on a car, so thanks so much and well appreciated 'saveyourmoney'.

I have just registered to echo the sentiment of the above people....

My 12v chargers on my 2011 Kuga had stopped working and had to change the fuse...

Everything was fine for about half an hour then the blower stopped working, the temp went off, the rear parking sensors stopped working and the 'bonnet open' warning came on even though bonnet was closed. I thought I must have knocked a fuse but all looked good. I was almost resigned to taking the garage until I saw the above and solved the problem in 10 seconds... excellent... thanks very much

Sponsored Links
Back