quotes for changing taps and bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thread now hijacked by people with different agenda.

No further posts please.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

Job is basically changing bath and basin taps and bath panel on a low pressure gravity fed system.

My plumber who is really good has quoted just for parts, not including labour

£150 for taps and £95 for wooden bath panel.

I checked on Victoria Plumb and the parts are a lot cheaper.

Am I missing something, what would be reasonable cost including labour.

thanks
Palmist

Are the parts on victoriaplumb the same as quoted? The cost of taps can vary greatly. If they are, then just order the taps and panel yourself and get him to fit them.

Nice does not mean good , why not actually ask him what it is he is supplying instead of coming on an internet forum and asking a question that only he knows the answer to

Sponsored Links
remember if he supplies and fits and they leak after 6 months you get him back free off charge

you supply and he fits them properly and they leak in 6 months time you need to pay him to sort out your problem as your contract with him terminated when he correctly fitted your taps

Nice does not mean good , why not actually ask him what it is he is supplying instead of coming on an internet forum and asking a question that only he knows the answer to

I am just trying to find out what is a reasonable price for decent taps and panels. Nothing fancy just decent taps. I asked him but he orders from a big plumbers merchant and is unable to show me the tap. He is happy for me to buy the taps myself but I would rather go with his suggestion if similar taps cost same elsewhere.

If you don't want to help that is fine but there is no need to be snidy.

So the plumber is supplying the taps but you don't know which ones or what they look like?

Yes that is correct. I asked for decent mono tap set in chrome that's it.

Perhaps "decent" to him is £150, if that's the only stipulation you've made. Just seems a strange way of doing it - what if you don't like his choice after they've been fitted? You'll get them for less that £150 but, at the very least, I'd be looking to find out what he has chosen.

Instead of doubting your plumbers prices and moaning about it on here, why didnt you ask him for £60 taps and a £50 bath panel. Give him a budget to work to!

Instead of doubting your plumbers prices and moaning about it on here, why didnt you ask him for £60 taps and a £50 bath panel. Give him a budget to work to!

a. I am not doubting him b. I am not moaning

I just want to get an idea of price from anyone experienced. My plumber only buys from a particular merchant who is expensive. He will happily fit whatever I get him I just want to know if 150 is excessive or normal for a set of taps.

I just want to know if 150 is excessive or normal for a set of taps.
That's subjective. You could pay a lot less, you could pay a lot more. I still think you need to find out which ones he is proposing and you might get better advice.

Taps can be anything from £15 to £500......if you want some basic taps, check out the Toolstation range - heavily chromed on brass and traditional compression valve means simple maintenance in the future.
Ask your plumber to fit full bore isolation valves at the same time.
The same can apply to bath panel quality, but obviously he may have to construct a timber frame to fix it to.
The fitting price has to depend on the ease of access to a large degree - some are truly bloody awful.
John :)

Without telling us the make of the taps you are wasting your time. It would be the same if I said is £50 a good price for a watch......It depends on the make of the watch, Rolex or Argos.
Give the guys on here something to work with. ****s sake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back