How it's made

L

longdogs

Is anyone else addicted to watching this programme as I am? I find it really interesting watching how every day items are produced and amazed by the number of processes something simple goes through.

Mind you, I did work in a factory for a few years and didn't find it so interesting then. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It's good isn't it. Often amazing how complex the machinery is or how much manual work is involved

It's cheap filler TV, but its cheap filler TV that's actually better than a lot of what get's pushed on the main channels as entertainment these days.

Certainly better than 75% of BBC3!

I watch it occasionally, I was truly amazed at how fibre optic cables are made..... surely that was a wind up???

Sponsored Links
Fascinating and a real range of subjects - if they could just loose the cheesy background music!

I always find the manufacturing of small items most interesting - the ways of moving tiny objects around production lines has some interesting solutions.

Has there been one on about grovoner (can't spell it) pie ? Always wondered how they get the eggs in the middle of the pie. Someone care to enlighten me ?

Has there been one on about grovoner (can't spell it) pie ? Always wondered how they get the eggs in the middle of the pie. Someone care to enlighten me ?

Yes I can tell you, pastry pushed into a mold, very cheap nasty pork sludge laid just under half way, pre-cooked hard boiled eggs on top another layer of pork sludge on top, pastry lid.. worst holiday job I ever had. grovenour pies BTW.... disgusting!

Yes, definitely one of those things you wouldn't eat if you saw what went into it. All those pigs lips and a. holes have to go somewhere. :eek:

Yes, definitely one of those things you wouldn't eat if you saw what went into it. All those pigs lips and a. holes have to go somewhere. :eek:

Actually although the meat was of dubious quality, opening the tubs of 100 boiled eggs was the worst bit... took me years to eat a pork pie after I was put of pork pie jelly injection detail... I kid you not! Yuk!

Yawn.....

That's interesting Diane2. Do you think it is mainly a man thing? When I am sitting there glued to watching How it's made, Squeakette pays no attention to it at all. I have tried my best but she just finds it boring.
I was dismantling my toys with a screwdriver at the age of five, just to see if I could get them back together again.

Or were you yawning at the pork pies? :LOL: :LOL:

I saw one on making coins. As said above a lot of manual labour, and a lengthy process making the blanks, and oversize templates/moulds before actually pressing the coins.

I saw recently (article on scrapping small denominations of coins) that the cost of producing Ireland's copper coins is more than the cash value of the coins themselves.

Having seen the process of making them I can see why.

Sponsored Links
Back