Insulating a bath ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just thought I'd throw this one into the forum, as you guys probably work with insulation materials the most :D

The water in my acrylic bath gets cold pretty quickly. The space under the bath is directly against an outside wall. There's no insulation under the bath.

Can you recommend an insulation that will keep the water hotter longer, so I can play with my rubber ducks a bit longer ?? :oops:

I'd probably go with a roll type of insulation, rather than spray on foam.

Merci.
Graeme.

Sponsored Links
I don't think it will make a lot of difference to the time the water stays hot, but I would go with something non irritant so when the poor plumber comes to work on the pipework he doesn't get covered in itchy insulation material.

I have found the one made from recycled plastic bottles is sold as non itch and it certainly is nice to work with. Lots of DIY stores b&Q etc sell it here is a link to screwfix but they only seem to do 4 packs.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/non-itch-loft-insulation-1-52m-x-6-086m-pack-of-4/80422

A friend once packed the underside of his bath with bagged mineral wool. he said it stayed too warm - so it may make some difference. I've not tried it myself, as I only shower.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back