Silicone sealant / caulk question

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I was feeling quite left out.

I can't imagine what it must be like to be so angry.

Cheers
Richard

It was you characters that choose to comment on my post - you jumped in, you lost the technical argument, and now you have no place to go. Thats sad: that you attempt to argue, that you fail, and that you then lurch about commiserating with each other. Real men are capable of standing up for themselves, and taking defeat with good grace.

But dont "feel quite left out" your little friends have come scampering up to give you hugs, and lick each other's wounds. Feel the warmth, enjoy.

Johnmelad, you must start taking night school if you fail to recognise one of the most well known nursery rhymes in the English language. Semi-literate and technically incompetent, perhaps you are feeling a little pressured posting to a DIY forum?

Sponsored Links
It was you characters that choose to comment on my post - you jumped in, you lost the technical argument, and now you have no place to go. Thats sad: that you attempt to argue, that you fail, and that you then lurch about commiserating with each other. Real men are capable of standing up for themselves, and taking defeat with good grace.

But dont "feel quite left out" your little friends have come scampering up to give you hugs, and lick each other's wounds. Feel the warmth, enjoy.

Johnmelad, you must start taking night school if you fail to recognise one of the most well known nursery rhymes in the English language. Semi-literate and technically incompetent, perhaps you are feeling a little pressured posting to a DIY forum?

Please get back to taking that medication kid.

Johnmelad, whatever it is that you are saying, you've already said it - dont you remember? Repeating the same thing isn't an argument or even repartee - its boring.

gregors, well i've already given you a pounding in a previous thread, for publicly talking nonsense - perhaps its still disturbing you? Are you still raw? Come on, man up.

I'm not a troll, the other respondents are not trolls, so that leaves yourself - rather a shame but if you remember the little saying: to think, think, think before you sink, sink, sink it might help. Maybe your Mum will sew it into your woolly jumper?

Note: i'm so glad that you can still do funny face icons, well done.

the other respondents are not trolls

Who are you accusing of not being a troll?

Anyway, you've certainly succeeded in making us all look very foolish, and we'll think twice before contradicting you again.

Cheers
Richard

And now, back to the record...............

rorr2001, I do hope that in amongst all our comments you found an answer to your question.

Good luck.

I wouldn't say it's necessary to remove the existing, if it's still stuck well.

Having said that, the whole thing looks pretty horrible - silicon is meant to go into a gap, not all over the surface. If it's done properly the first time, there's usually no need to keep going back and blathering more over it.

If you're not going to take it off and do it again, then make sure the big gap between tiles and shower tray (that ree mentioned, in a moment of lucidity) is pumped full of silicone.

Removing silicone is a right b**tard. I've used a scalpel, and WD40 does a surprisingly good job at softening it beforehand.

Cheers
Richard

Simple syntax issue.

In the UK amongst the masses of builders, decorators and trades persons...

Caulk is for decorating , is chalky and wet wipes off when not set. It is not suitable for any water area uses ever.

Sealant or silicon sealant is used for sealing areas to afford some protection against damp or wet ingress. It can't be used as a wipe off filler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back