Help

Sponsored Links
How did you get the new roofer was he recommended by the old roofer?

Yes the new roofer was recommended by the old roofer, but that is not the issue, i just want to pay the guy fairly for the work he said he did.
Cheers

Yes the new roofer was recommended by the old roofer, but that is not the issue, i just want to pay the guy fairly for the work he said he did.
Cheers

Price to pay him is original quote minus new builders quote. That will surely be the fairest option as nobody loses out.

Sponsored Links

Cheers

Price to pay him is original quote minus new builders quote. That will surely be the fairest option as nobody loses out.

Wish it was that simple, he was going to do some more bits and pieces for us so his quote was a lump sum figure.
Like i said i would like to pay for him what he did, thats all.

Just tell the new roofer to sort out the money for the work the other roofer has done.

Just tell the new roofer to sort out the money for the work the other roofer has done.
i cannot do that as i dont know who the subcontractor was? He came did the job and got paid and left.
So back to my original question, what would be the fair price to pay for the described work?

thanks, just to understand better how many days/hours you have calculated to arrive at £1700?

Just a recap the cost of carrying out below mentioned work £1700.
As for the future reference, i have paid £700 to the roofer who took over and completed work.

The total cost of the porch roof (2mx1.5m) £2400, guess that’s the going rate?

Removed the battens and under felt.
Removed the shallow pitch timber tressels and main wall supports avoiding damage to the porch ceiling and surrounding external walls.
Remove old breeze blocks on the side wall
Cover and secure the exposed roof space with the plastic membrane at the end of each visit to minimise water ingress.
Calculated, measured and cut all timbers to size and correct angles.
Do relevant Joinery to make a robust roof structure to receive new tiles with an adequate overhang ready for the fascia and soffit boards.
Built up new breeze blocks, and cut to size where necessary at the correct pitch of the new roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back