Veritas alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have a Veritas alarm system that I cannot reset after we had a power cut on boxing night due to heavy snow.
The alarm keeps on going off and I cannot reset it.
I have a small control unit in my hallway and a box in my loft.
A friend suggested I change the battery in the loft unit but I am worried that there may be a need for an engineer code after I open it and change the battery.
What shall I do.?....the engineer who fitted it has left me no details for contact and the system was fitted about 8 years ago.
Any help appreciated...thanks

Sponsored Links
8 years, should have been replaced at least 3yrs ago if not 4.

You shouldn't need an Eng Code, unless he has locked the panel, and he SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT, unless he told you he had and why.

Bad practise to do that, the facility should not be available unless the system IS connected to an ARC for police response and I assume yours isn't.

All you can do is try, open the control panel, then without touching anything inside enter your code, once/twice? can't remember, this should stop any noise.

See what the battery is, go to Screwfix and get another (Maplin is too expensive)

Replace battery, close everything up and enter your code, this should revert everything to 'Day mode'

Good luck

Post again HERE if you have a problem, don't start another thread, it's difficult to follow if you do.

Have fun :LOL:

Thanks. very much...that's done it....I have took the battery out and now looking for a new one...Great thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back