Potterton Netaheat 10/16 slowly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My potterton Netaheat is slowly dying. I have two problems with it, and as anybody who is familiar with these boilers know that it is a pressurised combustion chamber
Problem 1. slowly over time we are losing pressure in the chamber, we think it is from the spy hole itself but like a slow puncture on a car tyre it could take days, hence it sometimes takes awhile to build up the pressure to a reasonable level so that it will let the gas in.

Problem 2. Now it seems as if my fan has gone, for the first time ever, thankfully for the Air/Gas ratio that stopped any gas build up.

Now , I am thinking because it is an expensive thing to simply " get a new boiler" in these times, If I know what the problem is , to call out a RGI to supply and fit and test the boiler, and if anybody has any ideas how to go about it, as I do NOT want to be ripped off..

Sponsored Links
If you suspect the seal on the boiler combustion chamber is compromised in any way you should stop using the boiler immediately as it could well be leaking deadly fumes into your home

As for finding a good tradesman to replace your boiler, ask your neighbours for recommendations and look on the Trading Standards "Buy with confidence" scheme to see if there are any tradesmen in your area who have gone through their rigorous auditing https://www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk

My potterton Netaheat is slowly dying. I have two problems with it, and as anybody who is familiar with these boilers know that it is a pressurised combustion chamber
Problem 1. slowly over time we are losing pressure in the chamber, we think it is from the spy hole itself but like a slow puncture on a car tyre it could take days, hence it sometimes takes awhile to build up the pressure to a reasonable level so that it will let the gas in.

Problem 2. Now it seems as if my fan has gone, for the first time ever, thankfully for the Air/Gas ratio that stopped any gas build up.

Now , I am thinking because it is an expensive thing to simply " get a new boiler" in these times, If I know what the problem is , to call out a RGI to supply and fit and test the boiler, and if anybody has any ideas how to go about it, as I do NOT want to be ripped off..

This has to be a wind up or else you are completly clueless :LOL:
I suspect that you are clueles. Get someone that knows what they are doing to come in and look at it. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Fans for this boiler are readily available, as are PCBs and replacement silicone gas seal cords for the combustion chamber. I feel you may be unlucky with the pressure switch though if that's a faulty item.

Get an RGI to diagnose the fault and fit a new fan or whatever as required. They'll inspect and replace the seal as par for the course.

So you come on here asking\expecting advice, do not even say thank you then accuse all rgi's of being rip off merchants (the very people your asking advice from):rolleyes:

By the description of the events in the opening post, it's clear OP hasn't got a clue how this boiler works.

Yup I only asked for advice as I have had this boiler for a long time and approx 10 years ago I had a problem with it not lighting and called an RGI in to explain to me what the problem was, that is how I know about it, so MrGasman, this is NOT a wind up I was merely asking if it was worth getting an RGI to replace/ fit and test the parts/ boiler or simply try and find funding for a whole new boiler that is all

This has to be a wind up or else you are completly clueless :LOL:
I suspect that you are clueles. Get someone that knows what they are doing to come in and look at it. :rolleyes:

That was not a nice thing to say .I am not "clueless" in the slightest, at least I KNOW what is wrong with the boiler, hence my post it would appear that your the very person I should avoid as women are clearly " clueless"

So you come on here asking\expecting advice, do not even say thank you then accuse all rgi's of being rip off merchants (the very people your asking advice from):rolleyes:

I did not accuse ALL RGI'S of being rip off merchants at all, please Re-read the post and many thanks for the positive replys to those that were not rude Happy New Year to you all

Problem 1. slowly over time we are losing pressure in the chamber, we think it is from the spy hole itself but like a slow puncture on a car tyre it could take days
approx 10 years ago I had a problem with it not lighting and called an RGI in to explain to me what the problem was, that is how I know about it
Your boiler does not work like a car tyre and it does not lose pressure slowly over a period of days.
Anyone who told you that it did was either a fool, having a laugh at your expense, or both.

However your boiler does require servicing every year to ensure it works properly and to prevent toxic fumes leaking from it.

Problem 1. slowly over time we are losing pressure in the chamber, we think it is from the spy hole itself but like a slow puncture on a car tyre it could take days
approx 10 years ago I had a problem with it not lighting and called an RGI in to explain to me what the problem was, that is how I know about it
Your boiler does not work like a car tyre and it does not lose pressure slowly over a period of days.
Anyone who told you that it did was either a fool, having a laugh at your expense, or both.

However your boiler does require servicing every year to ensure it works properly and to prevent toxic fumes leaking from it.

AHHH thank you for your reply ... will get someone to look at it again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back