neighbours flue spurts out water over my back door

Sponsored Links
new neighbour says i am disrespecting the competancy of her builders......but i have got in touch with bexley council and orbit and am awaiting replies, which i feel might take forever. Is this just a minor issue or could it be a safety issue for me. If they havent fitted things right, could the rest of the gas be ok, i just dont want to be blown up!

Yo - dona diss da builders - they know where you live :mrgreen:

new neighbour says i am disrespecting the competancy of her builders......but i have got in touch with bexley council and orbit and am awaiting replies, which i feel might take forever. Is this just a minor issue or could it be a safety issue for me. If they havent fitted things right, could the rest of the gas be ok, i just dont want to be blown up!

Of course it is a safety issue - not necessaries the boiler, but you don't want ice by your back door all winter

Sponsored Links
looking at your picture of the concrete, is the surface being eaten away by the acid condensate, and leaving loose sand and gravel? That is very common with boiler flue drippings, and much worse if it is the condensate pipe itself.

A picture paints a thousand words.
Looking at the amount of flue sticking out.
The unclipped undersized /un insulated condense and PRV termination,
Is there any wonder that the flue is installed badly?

No i dont think the concrete has anything to do with this flue, as it has only been up a week. The concrete outside my back door has been there since 1950 when the property was built. That is not my garden, i have to go out my back door, around the side and my garden is there. As we live in maisonettes, the gardens are staggered, the garden outside my back door was my late fathers who lived at no 12 and passed away 6 weeks ago, no 13, the offending flue persons property garden is next to that and mine is around the corner of my property. Both Bexley Council and Orbit have got back to me by email (has taken them all day but thankfully they have) and both have suggested they come and view for themselves. Neighbour is being a bit nasty to me implying that I am over reacting and saying that my bereavement is clouding my judgement! All I wanted was for her to say, ok, i will get the builders to look at it, not tell me i am being libellous and disrespecting her builders and am a loony!!!! Wouldnt mind but since she wanted to buy the property, I let her in my home at midnight one night, told her which buses to get, rang her to ensure she got the right bus connections as didnt know the area and asked her to put my mind at rest and text me when she arrived in as I would worry! Shant be worrying anymore about her!

Although it is common practise to return a PRV to the wall, It should discharge to where it is safe... The prospect of the PRV discharging potentially boiling water over your back door really isn't what I'd call safe..

Who owns the land over which the flue discharges? Is it yours or is it your new neighbours?

Have changed my facebook photo only to friends.
The land outside my door would be Orbits as it is the pathway under my windows, also the pathway to my garden. It would be classed as communal i would think, so not the neighbours own.

In that case you may have an argument of trespass depending on the lease /rental agreements.

Not a subtle approach to new neighbours though - on either side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back