Leaking Lockhead valve help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Lockshield valve which has started leaking badly from what I believe to be the spindle at the top. I've looked at numerous posts which suggest to tighten the "Gland" which I understand is a nut underneath or remove this(Appologies no plumbing experience here at all!). I've looked at the type of valve I have and there doesn't appear to be a gland there?? I can't seem to find any images of a valve anywhere which looks the same as the one I have. The valve and radiator is around 10 years old.
I have tightened the spindle which has now turned off the radiator and stopped the leak. Any help gratefully appreciated as to what to do next?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's probably a cheap valve that doesn't have a separate gland seal. Replace the whole valve....with one that does.

Many thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the case when I couldn't find it. This is the valve concerned if anyone can confirm nothing can be done with this?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back