13amp cooker plug???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just brought a house with a cooker thats been plugged into a normal 3 pin socket using a 13amp plug, its a single oven built in, is this ok and if i replace the cooker can i still use the socket and 3 pin plug as it has no proper cooker socket.

Sponsored Links
many single ovens are low enough in power to run on 13 amp plug but check the manufacturers instructions on any new one you think of buying as all look the same but can be very different
don't forget this also comes under part p and most cookers / ovens have dates on them!

kevindgas said:
most cookers / ovens have dates on them!

Unfortunate if the label gets scratched away while its being fitted...

Sponsored Links
clarkey1973 said:
i've just brought a house with a cooker thats been plugged into a normal 3 pin socket using a 13amp plug, its a single oven built in, is this ok and if i replace the cooker can i still use the socket and 3 pin plug as it has no proper cooker socket.

Is it an all-electric cooker, or does it have a gas hob?

Electric rings (hobs) take a lot of power and are generally too much load for a 13Amp plug.

While you're looking for the maker's rating plate, does it have an electric grill, and can you use the grill at the same time as the oven?

If you're thinking of buying a new cooker, will you want all-electric or gas hob (which many people, includingh me, consider superior)?

This guy is just looking for help with his electrics, not to be pulled to pieces over his spelling, if you dont wont to help him stay of the forum

Yeah, I can see why you call yourself outsider - with an attitude like that, it's no wonder.

It's called humour, something that Yorks. folk are famed for.

Sorry securespark that is not humour it is down right rude, you have one guy who has just put his first post on to the forum and then you have a guy who has been on the forum for a considerable longer time the pxxx out of him, do you expect this guy to come back!

just trying to liven up a dull thread . . . :eek:

Sorry for being so humourous! :cry:

outsider, most people only ever write one post, and i suspect many forget they have written it and never actually come back. I do hope he didn't take offence at my humourous post, it wasn't meant to be insulting, just a bit of harmless fun.

I take it you haven't ventured to the "general discussion" section - i suggest you dont, you wouldn't like it! And have you seen some of ban's posts? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi crafty1289
yes i do venture into the general discussion section and i also take on board at what you are saying about people just posting once and not coming back again,
So will take it the matter is now closed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back