UKIP - a 'one trick pony'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we ever pull out of the EU, all the donkey work to renegotiate trade agreements will be done behind the scene by senior civil service. The PM of the day is purely be a figurehead and is told what/when to sign.

BUZZZZ WRONG!

Pulling out of the EU and negotiating new treaties is no small matter, it will take years of negotiation. We will need to foster good relations with major EU members, both sides will want concessionsm, and the brussels machine will want to screw us over, we will need to very cleverly use the weapons of trade treaties to neuteralise them. We do not want to **** off major nation state presidents/PM's as they will be usefull allies, but ****ing of 'foregniers' is what UKIP are apt to do.

Doing it right can help our economy and protect our democracy, doing it wrong could send us into a massive recession.

There needs to be a plan in place for people to have the confidence to vote out.

It would be better by miles to stay in the EU than having farage anywhere near the process, you only need to look at the way he runs UKIP to see he has far too much opinion of himself to listen to advice and act sensibly.

Sponsored Links
The only one I disagree with is scrapping the so called (by idiots) 'bedroom tax'.

Why?

Money is taken from me by force to give to people who can't or won't support themselves. I don't begrudge them 3 hot meals, medical treatment and a warm place to sleep.
This is a tricky one because I fundamentally disagree with chucking old ladies out of houses they've brought up families and lived half their lives. On the other hand I worked with a housing association a few years back and saw first hand some very well off single people living in huge three and four bed HA flats and houses in the smartest areas of Bristol - Clifton, Redland etc - paying miniscule rents compared to the open market. Some of these places are worth a £million plus and the areas are very, very sought after. You could play 5-a-side football in some of the living rooms. They pay these tiny rents because they've lived in them for 20 odd years and were probably on low wages when they moved in. But a lot of these people have done very well for themselves since yet they still get the benefit of a heavily subsidised, hugely desirable, massive flat in the smartest location. It is just plain wrong that I should be subsidising them.

I don't find it palatable either but in far too many cases the safety net has become a safety hammock at the side of the pool.

It just needs someone from the council with half a brain (if that's possible) to sort out the genuine from the scroungers/fraudsters.

A little old lady or gentleman might be paying what is considered a small rent these days for their three bedroomed property but they may have been paying it for forty or fifty years. The property will never be theirs but it has been their home. Let's give the older generation that need support some space in their final years.

It's ridiculous that some old couple could be chucked out of their home because they have a spare bedroom yet some fat, greasy haired skank with eleven kids can earn £50k per year for doing F all.

It just needs someone from the council with half a brain (if that's possible) to sort out the genuine from the scroungers/fraudsters.

Nope, as fast as you make up rules the scroungers will find ways around them.

A little old lady or gentleman might be paying what is considered a small rent these days for their three bedroomed property but they may have been paying it for forty or fifty years. The property will never be theirs but it has been their home. Let's give the older generation that need support some space in their final years.

As well as paying their pensions, subsidising their heating, paying their bus fares and all their medical costs, yea sure why not, just print off the money!

Meanwhile I and others around me of my age will be paying 2x as much over my lifetime as a proportion of income for a significantly smaller property without a garden.

I do wish people would do one about this 'home' business.

It's ridiculous that some old couple could be chucked out of their home because they have a spare bedroom yet some fat, greasy haired skank with eleven kids can earn £50k per year for doing F all.

That is a problem with giving benifits over and above 2 kids.

Sponsored Links
As well as paying their pensions, subsidising their heating, paying their bus fares and all their medical costs, yea sure why not, just print off the money!.

I have no problem with that so long as they have paid into the system. They also may have fought in the war so they have done their bit as far as I am concerned.

Maybe that's the answer - You can only get free health, housing & heating supplements if you have paid into the system. For this to work there are several other points on the list that need to be done first.

Old people are such a f******g burden on society aren't they.
Lucky for you and me that we will never age.

The welfare and pension system in this country is a ponzi scheme and needs a continually expanding (young) population to stave off collapse. Eventually the young will be so shafted by national debt and pension obligations that they say fu grandad and fu public sector workers. Prepare accordingly.

If we ever pull out of the EU, all the donkey work to renegotiate trade agreements will be done behind the scene by senior civil service. The PM of the day is purely be a figurehead and is told what/when to sign.

BUZZZZ WRONG!

Pulling out of the EU and negotiating new treaties is no small matter, it will take years of negotiation. We will need to foster good relations with major EU members, both sides will want concessionsm, and the brussels machine will want to screw us over, we will need to very cleverly use the weapons of trade treaties to neuteralise them. We do not want to p**s off major nation state presidents/PM's as they will be usefull allies, but p******g of 'foregniers' is what UKIP are apt to do.

Doing it right can help our economy and protect our democracy, doing it wrong could send us into a massive recession.

There needs to be a plan in place for people to have the confidence to vote out.

It would be better by miles to stay in the EU than having farage anywhere near the process, you only need to look at the way he runs UKIP to see he has far too much opinion of himself to listen to advice and act sensibly.

You make it sound as if we have no option but to remain under the jackboot.

I feel very fortunate that, sixty years ago, we were populated by people who had the will to fight for our freedom.

Still, we live in a democracy and if the EU is what most people want, that's what we'll get. In a way, it would be amusing to see europhiles' opinions change as the situation deteriorates!

You make it sound as if we have no option but to remain under the jackboot.

Reading comprehension fail.

What I said and what you didnt read said:

Sorry if I don't trust Mr pint and a fag farage and his band of drunken nutters to negotiate a sensbile benificial withdrawl, must just be because I lack the 'fire' that people 60 years ago possessed.

Surely if we can spray money around the third world, and invite their inhabitants to live off the taxpayer, as well as encouraging our own chavs to churn out multiple, oxygen-thieving offspring - we can actually support our old people who actually have contributed to society?

Or am I too old fashioned in supporting the deserving ones at the expense of parasites? Also bear in mind that UK pensions are some of the lowest in Europe.

Sorry if I don't trust Mr pint and a fag farage and his band of drunken nutters to negotiate a sensbile benificial withdrawl, must just be because I lack the 'fire' that people 60 years ago possessed.

So who do you trust?

David Cameron!

Ed Miliband!!

Nick Clegg!!!

Nicola Sturgeon!!!!

Natalie Bennett!!!!!

So who do you trust?

David Cameron!

Ed Miliband!!

Nick Clegg!!!

Nicola Sturgeon!!!!

Natalie Bennett!!!!!

I never thought anyone would annoy me more than Tony B Liar delivering one of his (swallowed a bag of commas) speeches but then along came CaMoron. He is theee most insincere speaker. It was said earlier that Farage is only popular because he is a good orator, maybe he believes in what he saying.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
On the topic of bedroom tax, I have a neighbour with two children who have had their housing benefit cut as they have a three bedroom LA property.

They get HB because he works in a low paid job.

The kids twin boy and girl were eight when this one size fits all tax was introduced. They initially agreed to move to a smaller two bedroom property but were refused an application to be put onto the waiting list.

Reason given was that when the children reach ten, they would have (later this year) to be moved back into a three bedroom property as children aged ten can't be made to share the same bedroom.

So for two and a half years they have to survive on less money that the law says they need to live on. How fuc k I n g stupid is that?

I agree that people with properties with more bedrooms than are needed should have their HB reduced, but only if they are offered smaller suitable accommodation and refuse it.

There are instances of couples in two bedroom properties who's only child dies for whatever reason, can't be given alternative accommodation as none is available are then being penalised by having HB reduced. Child dies, penalise the barst a r d s.

One size fits all never works.

kippers are breathtakingly stupid.
How many seats do you think ukip will get and what is the connexion between the bedroom tax and the eu.

kippers are breathtakingly stupid.
How many seats do you think ukip will get

No, they're not. Limp Dems are stupid. :D

I have read various predictions (depending which newspaper is conducting the survey!) and, to be honest, it's impossible to be sure. However, we shouldn't forget the results of the recent European Parliament election.

That figure may well not be repeated in the general election, but I live in hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back