Roller blind removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
The chain came off the large roller blind in my lounge and the connector is missing so I guess this is the reason why. The blind is a ready-made two year old roller. I need to get it down so I can put the chain back on the clutch and fit a new connector but I cannot get it off the brackets. It is a tight fit but I've tried every which way to no avail. I even looked on You-Tube but none of the fittings are like mine. I've uploaded a photo of the bracket and welcome any suggestions. I did contact a local blind company but due to the fact they didn't install the blind they won't touch it. Many thanks.

The photo of the bracket is in my album.

Sponsored Links
Difficult to see but looks like a small notch to place a flat bladed screwdriver in which will release, most have some type of release clip.
You can replace the chain without removing by feeding in at the top and turning by hand.
Usually only one side must be released first , the other just slots in.

Thank you for the reply. I have tried your suggestion with a flat-headed screwdriver, I've also wiggled and tried to lever from all angles. I cannot replace the chain without removing the bracket. The blind is tight and the clutch doesn't move at all so cannot be turned. The metal chain is also too fluid to thread through, I've tried repeatedly.

I've found a photo of what I believe to be a similar bracket and so I've added a picture to my album. Maybe I'll try a squirt of WD40- so frustrating!

It looks as though there's a small screw in the centre of the bracket holding the slotted part in place but to get to it is nigh on impossible as the blind is in the way. I'm not even sure it needs removing. Why does everything have to be so complicated? I have other blinds around the house and have never had a problem removing them.

Sponsored Links
If you have the same as in photo, the bottom pic is the locking arm, little piece of plastic at it's tip locks in to the outer hole, levering it with a small screwdriver is the only way to release it.
Strangely enough jut repaired one today where chain had been pulled out, fed chain in and unwound the blind by hand to feed thru the chain .
If all else fails you can get a replacement kit as in your picture for a couple of quid .

Are you saying it might be easier to feed the chain through if I unwind the blind? Perhaps this will give more play in the clutch?
I'll definitely try levering again as you have suggested, maybe with a larger screwdriver this time. I guess I'm just worried about breaking something. I seriously need a man in a cupboard, ha ha! Thank you for all your help- much appreciated!

I start with the blind rolled up and then add chain so when pulling down the connection ends up half way down. [or raising the blind could snag the connection]
What part of Kent are you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back