Wolf Hall

L

longdogs

Anyone been watching this?

It has been said that it is one of the best drama series ever to appear on tv.

Is it just me or is it really boring?

I admit that history is not my favourite subject and whilst I can appreciate the good acting and attention to detail, I find myself just staring blankly at the screen wondering when there will be a car chase (joke!).

I'm not against historic films, 'The other Boleyn girl' for instance, I though was excellent.

Sponsored Links
It looks very well made and historically accurate, but both my first wife and I thought it was a little slow. Perhaps it will pick up later.

....... but both my first wife and I thought it was a little slow. Perhaps it will pick up later.

You have to remember, they don't have iphones or t'internet yet. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Methinks my lords and ladies, that some person attached to the BBC was unduly impressed by the luvvie value of the Booker prize that the book won.
Personally I tend to avoid books that win prizes. . .
Wolf Hall is after all a study of Thomas Cromwell showing him in a different light. Possibly OK as a book, (although some of the critics didn't think so) but not very exciting as a TV series.
I'm watching it, but as JBR says, "It's a little slow. Perhaps it will pick up later"

I lost the plot as well as the will to live after about the first 15 mins!

It looks very well made and historically accurate, but both my first wife and I thought it was a little slow. Perhaps it will pick up later.

how many wives you got then?

or have we got to start calling you henry? :LOL:

how many wives you got then?

or have we got to start calling you henry? :LOL:

Just the one... for now.

There's no way I could be a muslim: four would be too many and six way out!

I admit that history is not my favourite subject.
What is your favourite subject Squark?

I'm not always sure whether you are asking a genuine question or being sarky. So giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you are asking a genuine question:

If I had to answer questions in a quiz, I suppose I would choose Music ( nothing after about 1990 though).

Other interests: anything artistic, painting, Playing guitar, DIY, cooking and car restoration.

'If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain'.......

:LOL:

Trivia question:

How many husbands did the wives of Henry VIII have between them?

Counting Henry as one person for all his wives then I think the answer is 5.

Edit
Unless it's a trick question in which case it could be 4 as it could be said that Katherine Parr wasn't the king's wife when she married her last husband but the king's widow.

Sponsored Links
Back