Potterton Prima F 40 - Main burner not lighting

Hey gas2fart , what happens when you tap the bottom tray? Phroomph ;)
Yes I tried that, thinking it might be a bad connection somewhere of the pcb.
Even tried pressing parts of the pcb, with insulated instrument.

It didn't make any difference (to my surprise). :(

I guess no gas is passing through the main burner bit.

But is the fault on the pcb or something else? (in you experiences with this boiler)

Thks

Sponsored Links
question is what engineer would want to go round, he would have to fill in a questionaire first before he started

Paul

question is what engineer would want to go round, he would have to fill in a questionaire first before he started

Paul
Question is, why would I want give my custom to someone who canNOT prove that they have experience of my boiler.

I've had enough of blaggers and b--l sh---rs who take my money and then refuse to answer the phone when their work has NOT worked.

You may know the type.

A certificate from Potterton to prove they have been on one their courses would be a start.

Sponsored Links
How about no fix no fee ? nobody carries certs from boiler manufacturers and a one day sales course on how good their boilers are aint worth much.

How about no fix no fee ? nobody carries certs from boiler manufacturers and a one day sales course on how good their boilers are aint worth much.
That's one of the best solutions offered here mate.

The gas engineer would be putting his money where his mouth is.

Thanks

Why are you happy to have a non working boiler for weeks?

Are you far from the Castle Balti ?

Tony

A very experienced gas engineer (has been in the trade for ages, he says)
has agreed to have a look at it on no fix - no fee basis.

50% to be paid on the day when it is working.

50% to be retained for testing & quality purposes, and to be paid 2 weeks after first payment.

He will be coming today.

Well done!

Tell us what was wrong!

I would not accept that delayed payment although I fully guarantee any repairs that I do and also cover diagnosing any OTHER faults which occur within 30 days!

Castle Balti ?

Tony

Well done!

I fully guarantee any repairs that I do and also cover diagnosing any OTHER faults which occur within 30 days!
Tony

Yes, I've been given those sort of worthless guarantees before.

They just DON'T answer the phone when you call them - because they have already taken the money.

Should have been female, nom saying? :cool:

dan'd be like a tramp on chips :LOL:

That's great.

He can't make it today, as he's stuck on another job.

Said he would try and make it tomorrow.

What you will call one of those worthless appointments, I suppose.

Thats why you should have called an engineer the minute your boiler failed!

I normally attend a failed boiler the same day!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back