Putting insulation under lino - can I do it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had lino laid on my concrete kitchen floor. Despite purchasing the thickest one I could get it is so cold to walk on. Could I put some sort of thin insulation under it? I have seen a really thin insulation at B&Q which looks like it would do the job.

Is it okay to put something like this under the lino?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not trying to sound flippant but wearing slippers will probably be more effective. That said what does it say the insulation is suitable for? Any thin insulation is always going to be limited in it's insulating qualities , can't hurt to fit it but wether it will be cost effective is another question.

Is it not more that the surface feels cold rather than actually is cold?
ie insulation won't make it feel any warmer

Sponsored Links
No, it really is very cold. It is part of an extension that was not put up properly I believe. It is so cold that if you stand on it for a while the cold actually hurts. The part of the kitchen floor that is part of the house (not extension) is just what you would expect a floor to feel like, but the extension part is really cold. You can feel when you go from one part of the floor to the other.

No insulation will have any effect, research the best slippers you can find and spend the money on that instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back