Whilpool ADP 262 Dishwasher gradually fills with waste water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Whilpool ADP 262 that's worked fine for 2 years+ with no change to the installation.

Recently, after a successful cycle the washer slowly over several days fills back up with dirty water from the drain point. The washer wasn't used for 3 weeks over Xmas and it filled right up to the lip of the base, 40-50mm deep. If i run a cycle it drains and completes and process of slowly filling starts again.

A Google mentions a drain/exit valve that can go faulty but the symptoms seem to be that the washer won't drain but mine works fine apart from this gradual buildup.

Any thoughts please? Thanks in advance.

Dan

Sponsored Links
The waste hose from your washer, I am guessing attaches to the waste from the kitchen sink.

The hose must be looped up so that the top of the loop is higher than the water level in the sink when it is full, otherwise the sink will drain into the machine, as in your case. Attach it to the worktop, wall or side panel of the sink unit. If the hose goes into the sink unit through a hole in the side, make a higher hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back