zanussi 1400 washing machine - won't heat water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a zanussi jetsystem 1400 washing machine. I noticed a few days ago that things were not coming out of the machine as clean as usual. It turns out the water is not being heated at all (i have run a 90 degree wash and stopped it at a number of points opened the door and the water was always freezing). I thought if the heater was broken then the machine should stop but it does the whole wash. Could it be the thermostat? (though i would have thought this would mean the water was always hot?)

Is it worth me getting an engineer out to look at it or is this going to be one of those things that costs more than a new machine?

thanks

jenny

Sponsored Links
the machine is quite a number of years old, and is definitely not still under warranty. What do you think is likely to be the cause of the problem?

Thank you

jenny

Sponsored Links
The thermostat or thermistor can fail where the machine will think the water is hot. If it's one of the "computer" controlled machines it could be a faulty pcb. As to cost of repair, you'll have to phone around for prices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back