What size skip will i need for this lot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Having never has a skip before, can someone give me their opinion on what size skip i will need based on looking at the pictures below?

Red bricks

Garden waste / cardboard / old paving slabs (large)

On this image, it is piles of soil (1 pile is 1 full wheelbarrow) across the whole border of the back garden.

I am thinking a 4 yard skip? - your thoughts?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
For that amount, I'd but a load of rubble bags and do a few runs to the local tip.
Skips are $$$ :eek:

Amazes me the people who get a skip for stuff that could, in some cases just go in a few wheelie bins, and the boot of a car.

It amazes me at what lengths people go to, to avoid hiring a skip.

Yo, Marky, that should all fit in a mini skip with perhaps room to spare. I'd pop into the loft and have a clear out. Make sure the missus isn't in or she'll be putting it all back.

Sponsored Links
Ask the neighbours if they want to share the cost of a skip and they can fill it too.

Ive ordered a 6 yard mini builders skip. I have a fair bit to get rid of in the loft aswel as the shed. £150 all in not too bad!

Ive ordered a 6 yard mini builders skip. I have a fair bit to get rid of in the loft aswel as the shed. £150 all in not too bad!
Fair play to ya bud.

Some folk would spend hours fannying about cluttering the local tip up, all day. Ok for doddering pensioners though I guess.

The problem with the big bags is that they are fine to fill up when in the boot of the car, it's getting them out again that's the problem :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back