TRV 3 or 4?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to replace a Drayton TRV that is not working but I am not sure if it is a TRV 3 or 4. Can anybody tell from the picture or advise how I find out?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

TRV3. There is a single arrow on the body, pointing towards the rad. TRV4's have two arrows.

Is it the valve body or the head which is faulty?

If the head, you can get a TRV4c head, part no 07-94-012.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think it is just the head as the pin still moves up and down in the body if I press it. Radiator is just on full hot regardless of what number the dial is set to and the temperature of the room. Should changing the head fix this? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a clamp, or something similar to hold the pin down?

If so, this will prove if the valve body is working OK.

The conversion head is available on Ebay for £19.99 with free click-an-collect at your local Argos.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Bearing in mind that is the same price as a new TRV4 which are far better, my action if it was mine would be to control the rad from the lockshield ( or the decorator cap on the TRV if you still have it.

Then replace all the TRV3s with TRV4s when you have the time and money.

The TRV3s used to be favourite for sticking off!

Tony

Holding the pin down seems to turn the rad off so I think it must be the head that is the issue. I think I will try the conversion head first as replacing the whole TRV is probably a beyond my DIY skills! Thanks for all the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back