computer keeps freezing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i keep haveing problems with my broadband internet. I am with wanadoo and recently it is takeing minutes for a page to change there is a w in the right hand corner the wanadoo logo which uselly flashes but this keeps freezing up and pages freeze up with it,
also when i try to send e-mails they wont send.
I am not sure if this is since i installed f-secure which is a seucurity thing
i have de-fragged it but still really slow
any suggestions will really help :cry:

Sponsored Links
Does this happen with any other software ie freezing?
Test with internet unplugged.
Look on task manager to see if anything is hogging cpu on Processes.

Sponsored Links
i tried what you said on processes it says
IEXPLORE.EXE 56372K
SYCHOST.EXE 24256
THESE are the largest a friend told me to delete all photos of computer when it does freeze if i press f5 it starts up again
thanks for help up to now
any more suggestions

sychost - sychost.exe - Process Information
Process File: sychost or sychost.exe
Process Name: LEOX.B VIRUS

Description:
sychost.exe is a process added to the system as a result of the LEOX.B VIRUS. This program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately

Just picked this info from a google search link hope it helps

thanks for all this help how do i get rid off these viruses just downloaded spy doctor told me i had about 500 viruses it said i had to pay about £40 to get rid off them is there any cheaper allternatived and how do i keep my computer risk free
as you can tell i dont no too much about computers :oops:

Hi do you download free trial which lasts 30 days or the 7.1 something or other will this get rid of viruses should i delete spy boc etc

Are you sure this isn't SVCHOST.EXE instead of SYCHOST.EXE

Svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries (DLLs).

The Svchost.exe file is located in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder. At startup, Svchost.exe checks the services part of the registry to construct a list of services that it must load. Multiple instances of Svchost.exe can run at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services. Therefore, separate services can run, depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started. This grouping of services permits better control and easier debugging.

This is pefectly normal and IS NOT A VIRUS.

Sponsored Links
Back