Altech TRV Valves ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Still trying to iron out the last few wrinkles with our new system! Just wondering if you have any opinions on Altech TRV's as we seem to be having strange behaviour with quite a few of ours ....

e.g. Living room is cool, TRV set to 5 (max) but the radiator is pretty much cold. If I twiddle the TRV head down to 1 and back to 5 then rad heats up as normal

e.g. kitchen is 15C, rads set to 3 but rads are off .... ( Ithought 3 was roughly 18-19C?)

It seems that they are sticking quite a lot ?

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
They had a duff batch several years ago and were willing to swap them for new ones (had a orange dot on the box if i remember) Yours are probably sticking maybe cus the springs were too slack?
They were one of the first to do a bi flow.

cheers cider - do you mean the OK ones have a dot ? or the duff ones ?

Mind you, the boxes have long gone in the bin :cry:

Just wondering if you have any opinions on Altech TRV's
Altech is a trade name of the Graham Group. Altech valves are made by a third party for Grahams. I am always reluctant to buy a third party product unless I knew who makes it. Cheap valves are £5-£10. Good ones are £15 or more. You can often pick up brand new Drayton TRV4 for about £10 each on Ebay.

It seems that they are sticking quite a lot
That's what I would say. Remove the valve head and check that the pin of the valve moves up and down easily. It should go down a few mm under pressure and spring back up when released.

Sponsored Links
Richard - The suggestion is therefore -

start a new thread detailing your issue, makes it easier and causes less confusion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back