Condensate pipe going slightly upwards

If there are no leaks, and it doesnt appear to be air locking (the condensate would then backup into the boiler and you would hear gurgling eventually followed by ignition failure, then I wouldnt worry about it to be honest.

It is much better to run internally than outside provided the internal installation doesn not cause airlocking problems, which by the soun dof it you have no issues with.

Unless the boiler gives you trouble, I wouldnt concern yourself with it or worry about checking it.

Sponsored Links
If there are no leaks, and it doesnt appear to be air locking (the condensate would then backup into the boiler and you would hear gurgling eventually followed by ignition failure, then I wouldnt worry about it to be honest.

Thanks for your advice. I was also trying to understand the quote in the installation instructions that the pipe must fall I think 450mm per metre away from the boiler. I was also concerned over comments about it from perhaps a different future plumber when a service is due. But as long as no leak or sediments accumulate in it over time, I think I'll leave it as it is. :)

sediments are easy to remove if theres a lack of slope, a heating plumber can easily blow down the condensate and flush through it from inside the boiler during servicing.

Someone I know had a condensate pipe which went down from the boiler under the floor and then along and up by a drain.

The outlet was about 600mm BELOW the inlet. But it still caused a problem and when he called the makers under the warranty suffered a charge of about £90 !

Tony

Sponsored Links
As SGM says, don't worry about it. Just wait till your next service and mention it then.

[y from the boiler. I was also concerned over comments about it from perhaps a different future plumber )
Please don't confuse plumber and Registered Gas Installer. Plumbers with any self respect install neat pipework to regulations. RGI's install gas equipment to ( many more ) regulations. Sometimes you get a person who does both ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back