Airbag deployed, choices please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone explain how to go about repairing, replacing or if its not possible with the 2 airbags on a Peugeot 107 Urban 2007 .

Thank you

Sponsored Links
The airbags can be replaced but certainly not repaired.....if the passenger one has deployed, that means a new dash.
The actuator, and the sensors that activate the actuator can usually be reused - but you do need professional advice on this one.
John :)

There is a very good chance you will need the airbag ECU as they don't like to reset once they have deployed airbags!

I've only replaced two airbags.....one on a Mondeo, the other a Citroen ZX, both around 1997 vintage - so you may well be right with more modern tackle.

Sponsored Links
John, had you to reset the airbag light or did it go out when you fitted the new bags?

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your post!
On these old vehicles the lamp went out by itself.
Of late, I've had airbags removed from a couple of cars.....one a Mercedes ML- the lamp went out on that one, the other was a SEAT Altea and it stayed on.
I took that along to a local independent to get it sorted.
So, it seems a bit of a lottery, I'm afraid!

Thanks john
I took a fuse out of an Alfa to check it, guess what?
Airbag light on and had to get it plugged in to put it out ...........
Told the owner and he said why did I bother, "the one in my Mazda is on all the time" ....................
This was after me, getting it trailered to the dealer ..............

I'd rather not see it tested, but presumably if the air bag lamp is on, the air bags are non functioning?

Sponsored Links
Back