Salus EP200 CH ON when only HW ON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody and thank you for posting such good and useful informations.
I settled in UK few weeks ago and I'm experiencing an annoying problem with my Salus EP200 controller:

When I turn on the CH then the HW turns on while the control panel HW LED is always off, in the same way when the HW is switched on then the radiators warm up while the control panel CH LED is still off. :?:

Please, sorry about my bad english and my lack of knowledge on the plumbing and central heating matter.

Thanks in advantage for your attention and all your assistance.

Sponsored Links
Hello :)

are the jumpers on the back of the unit set correctly?

you can switch between pumped and gravity fed systems, if you have a pumped system then it will let you control them individually, if it is gravity then you must have them both on together.

of course they should be set to which system you actually have installed !

Take salus off the wall,go upstairs and chuck out of window onto concrete if poss.
Then buy a decent one.I would never use again

Sponsored Links
Hello :)

are the jumpers on the back of the unit set correctly?

you can switch between pumped and gravity fed systems, if you have a pumped system then it will let you control them individually, if it is gravity then you must have them both on together.

of course they should be set to which system you actually have installed !

Thanks for the reply nerox.
The user manual says: «In fully pumped and controlled systems (jumper P), the central heating and hot water can be operated independently, but with gravity fed hot water systems (jumper G), the central heating cannot be operated without hot water.»
It should mean that with gravity fed system, HW should operated with CH off... or not?

Take salus off the wall,go upstairs and chuck out of window onto concrete if poss.
Then buy a decent one.I would never use again

Thanks dazza87, I'm still LOLing!!! :LOL: [/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back