Creda T632CW Dryer

I have tried it at the sensor setting loaded with cloths taken out of washing machine. It ran about 55 mins. At the end cloths were nearly dry but cold the heater did not turn on throughout the cycle. I have checked the water tank overflow sensor. The machine halted when its overflow sensor was lifted up manually. I will check the exhaust thermostat later on.
The machine ran without any problem until last October-November when I replaced the thermostats. In December the drum was sticking and was producing unusual noises which was cured a bit by replacing the rear drum bearing because the actual root of the problem is rectified a few days ago with your fantastic advising help.

Sponsored Links
Was any water collected in the water tray? If there is then it must be heating.

With all dryers not all the clothes will dry out completely or at the same time, it is necessary to interupt the programme early to remove any dry items and then continue the drying process.

Sensor dry types tend not to dry properly if underloaded and will finish the programme early and clothes will still be damp.

I assume you were interrupting the programme by opening the door to feel inside for heat?

I have connected a flexi hose pipe and feed it into the washing machine drain pipe but during all of the currant repair procedure I have have left the flexi pipe into a bucket on the floor as the dryer is placed on a shelf above washing machine.
I have tried it twice with cloths on sensor setting. I have never interrupted the running cycle by opening the door but have checked the voltage at the wire leading to the heating element numerous times and felt the cover over the heating element by touching it but there was no feed to the heater and felt it cold respectively.
We always felt the cloths really warm at the end of drying cycle until yesterday.

Ok, just wanted to check it was def not heating.

Check the exhaust stat.

Have you located the dryness sensor?

Sponsored Links
Its heater definitely does not turn on.
No, sorry I have not managed to locate the exhaust stat and drying sensor yet

Should be able to trace it back from the control board, 2 thin wires.

Firstly I would like to thank fellow forum member Yardie who helped me throughout in resolving the problems with my Creda dryer.
Secondly I would like to update you now. I checked the front thermostat and drying sensor, both of the component were found functioning satisfactorily. After having checked all of the possible causes and factors for the problem I focused my attention to Relay3 on pcb which supply power to heating element. As I have already found that it was activating during the test procedure but it was not activating whilst machine was running. I checked all of the components associated with the relay and surprisingly discovered a 'dry joint at one of its coil terminal. Touching it with a soldering iron proved to be a 'magic touch'. I am glade and I am sure you will be equally pleased to know the fruitful outcome.
Finally I am grateful for your continuous help and an interest I the matter.

Very pleased to hear you have solved your issues.

Well done for sticking with it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back