Toilet trickles in to bowl . . . . . . what next?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, our dual button flush toilet is trickling water in to the bowl. I have replaced the geberit flush valve seal (which really did look like it might be the problem, bit nobbly) but the trickling is still happening. It's not a constant flow more a small trickle every 10-15 seconds. What else might it be?

Some pics to assist. Hope you can help.

View media item 91406 View media item 91407

Sponsored Links
Can you see if the water level is rising above the overflow?

Hi, no, I've had a good look and see no evidence of water coming over the overflow.

It is either the fill valve allowing water to pass which is being released into the bowl or it is the flush valve leaking. You have repaired the flush valve so it should not be that.
Do you have an isolating valve ? If so turn it off and see if the bowl empties.

Sponsored Links
If it's leaking into the bowl and it's not the overflow it must be the flush valve seal.

Take it out again, clean, dry, clear silicone on the seal , put this under the rubber seal too and reassemble.

I've taken it apart again and have observed water still trickling when the flush valve is removed. Which must indicate a problem with the basket seal doesn't it? Any thoughts?

How do you remove the flush valve basket?
View media item 91434

Take it out again, clean, dry, clear silicone on the seal , put this under the rubber seal too and reassemble.

Hi, what do you mean by clear silicone on the seal . . . . . where?

Oh.... I thought you had it apart..

You have to take the cistern off the toliet, undo the big nut that holds the flush valve on, at this point I would replace the flush valve.

Use clear silcone when reassembling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back