Car dvr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am thinking of buying a car dvr can anyone give any advice on which one is worth buying,battery or resistor and longevity etc.

Cheers Tom. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
ive got this 1,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-1080P-...618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ce714c82a

but do a search because i didnt pay that much for my one,also make sure you are using a class 10 micro card as these are the better quality cards for these type of devices.i got my 32 gb card from amazon iirc for about £20,ebay tend to have a lot of fake 1s on there.

i chose this 1 because it came with a rear camera and was recommended to it as it gave good recordings i:e night time etc.
hth

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I recently got a mini Dash Cam 0805 it's a generic Chinese with GPS and 16Gb internal memory.
16Gb is only 2GB. (Because one GigaByte = 8 Gigabits.) Not very large capacity.

Edit: actually, you got it wrong. That eBay listing states "GB".

How many hours' continuous recording do you get per 16GB ?
Is the resolution good enough to fill, say, a 19" monitor screen?

How many hours' continuous recording do you get per 16GB ?
Is the resolution good enough to fill, say, a 19" monitor screen?

Hi Sam, recording length really does depend on what resolution you use, I will check later as to how much a typical 5 min recording takes. I use HDR

Have a look at this review, bearing in mind the model on test is the older 0803 model, the new one has a different chip and much better performance in low light, but this will give you an idea

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/6/15/mini-0803-probably-the-best-mini-dashcam-with-a-screen.html

Edit. I have just checked and I am currently recording in 1080 16:9 HDR a 16 GB should give over 2 hours recording likewise the 32 GB Micro SD card approx 4.5 hours.

The way it works is that the recordings are set into segments ( I use 5 minutes) once the card is full it goes back to the first segment and overwrites it then the second and so on. That way you always have the last 2 / 4.5 hours of footage available.
There is also a sensor that detects impact and locks that segment so that it can't be overwritten there is also a manual selection to lock the footage.

Hi,Polaroid c201 dashcam has anybody any comments on this car cam,
Should I buy??

Cheers Tom :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back