fitting fluidmaster cable flush valve to a low level cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can I fit a fluidmaster cable flush valve to a low level cistern to replace a normal siphon valve?

If so, would any cable flush operated flush valve fit on a low level cistern or does it have to a an adapter with it?

Thanks.
Nigel T

Sponsored Links
The fluidmaster is my first choice when replacing. While you are at it, if yours has a bottom-feed inlet valve, get the whole kit in one box, as it includes all the washers, pull down bolts etc that you will otherwise likely need to buy separately.

The push button type has adaptors to fit through most holes where the lever type handle sits, or, you can buy the kit with a lever type handle if you prefer.

I do not work for them, just fit a lot of their stuff......

DH

Almost forgot, get a spare 'hep20' type tap connector washer (EDPM?), to re-seal the cold water inlet pipe to the inlet valve (whichever type you have), hand tight plus a quarter turn with a psaaner is plenty, as long as you clean up all surfaces with wire-wool first.

Sponsored Links
The fluidmaster is my first choice when replacing. While you are at it, if yours has a bottom-feed inlet valve, get the whole kit in one box, as it includes all the washers, pull down bolts etc that you will otherwise likely need to buy separately.

The push button type has adaptors to fit through most holes where the lever type handle sits, or, you can buy the kit with a lever type handle if you prefer.

I do not work for them, just fit a lot of their stuff......

DH

Almost forgot, get a spare 'hep20' type tap connector washer (EDPM?), to re-seal the cold water inlet pipe to the inlet valve (whichever type you have), hand tight plus a quarter turn with a psaaner is plenty, as long as you clean up all surfaces with wire-wool first.

Thanks. The hep20 washer tip is a great one. I will try it. I've always added a flexible tap connector with an isolator to each inlet valve that I change. I have come across so much cross threading and ptfe taps fixes.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back