Valves for these

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have three radiator to replace and would like to match the valves. I've used Drayton TRV4's in the past and have found them good but in my new house I quite fancy a plastic modern looking TRV control on the top.

Can you suggest what sort of valve I would need for this please:

106enua.jpg

Thy are 15mm valves and they come from another room so I can't really change the design on the pipe entries to the room. I need valves that take up a small amount of space too.

Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Actually that's a lie - I remember seeing some when speccing a job but they were eye wateringly expensive and blotted the details from my fragile mind.

Standard TRV 1/2 tail - 15mm compression will do it Dan , just turn it sideways so heads doesn't point out of front of rad where it WILL get snapped off

Sponsored Links
The valve you have on it is a standard rad valve , a standard TRV will do it but the head will be off to the right and bot stick out the front like that one which will look better anyway

Thanks Ollie but I can't see how it'll work.
You're right, the current one (in the photo) is a standard valve and it stick out to the front. If I swap it for a standard angled trv it will also stick out to the front won't it? I can't see how that type of valve can stick out to the side to be honest.

NO! one of those would not do! you have received the correct advice from others standard TRV fitted with head horizontal nearly all TRV's are bi-flow types these days! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back