Soil pipe confusion, which end?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help please, I'm getting confused!

I'm moving the toilet and have bought a 1metre 110mm single socket soil pipe to extend it. The plain end is going into the existing socket and the bloke in the shop told me to saw the socket end off the extension and fit the fins of the 110mm flexible pan connector into it. That looks like it's going to be a very tight fit and quite tricky to do. Is it meant to be? The internal diameter of the socket is 110mm but if I cut it off it'll be 104mm. Can I retain the socket and and push the pan connector into that? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can I retain the socket and and push the pan connector into that? Thanks.
Not unless you want problems if your pipe ever blocks - plungering will push filth past the fins and flood it into your room.

Push the fins into pipe only. Use some soil pipe lubricant or silicone grease to help it along. Nothing petroleum based, mind.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back