honeywell bdr91 CM927 wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Just wondering if someone can give me a heads up on this.

The wiring of the bdr91 relay to a combi valiant boiler. Looking at the instructions I think I have it but want to be sure.

terminals on the relay are N L L - A B C

A and B terminals I understand where they go on the boiler.

N L L

I WAS going to just connect N to the neutral terminal on the boiler terminal and L to the live terminal on the boiler.

looking at the instructions they have disconnected the live feed to the boiler and routed it to left L - bridged to right L then back to boiler live terminal... ?

cant I just do what I was going to do and bridge left L to Right L job done ? I presume the right L needs some feed ??

any help rearly appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
If you know how to connect the BDR91 A&B to the boiler, then we will put that to one side and say simply connect live and neutral to the BDR, either L terminal will do (they're joined together in the BDR relay PCB).

Need urgent help here lol.... Fitted it and it seemed to work fine BUT it only seems to work going from off to manual.... After that it seems the thermostat send signal but heating not coming on....

The only think I am not sure about is the 2 terminals marked L on the receiver....manual shows switch power to Left L , bridge to right L , right L to boiler....

Are they definitely internally bridged or do you have to di it yourself ?

Cheers for any help.

Potts

Definitely bridged. I only wire up around 8 a week......

If you turn the green light on and off manually and it controls the boiler you don't have a wiring fault.

Sponsored Links
Think I found the problem..... Using the manual up temp down temp near boiler turns receiver green light on and off.... But heating wasn't getting turned off when I took the wireless stat downstairs .... I am presuming the range was too far :( does that sound correct ?
Just worried I've got something wrong....

If it is the range I suppose I will have to move the receiver downstairs too.... Not too sure how far the transmitter will reach in reality situation...
Any advice
Ta
Potts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back