Panasonic th-pz81b picture went off first then sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Any comments appreciated, the tv stated was working fine then the mrs said she looked up and the sound was still on but no picture and then the sound went off. When you put power to the tv (plug in mains) the led does not do the 10 flashes I have read about, when you press the on switch the red led comes on solid, then when you turn on by remote the led flashes green a few time then comes on solid green the screen has a slight glow which can definitely be seen when I turn the living room light off and all four fans are running. Then when you turn to standby by remote the solid green led drops to solid red but the fans can still be heard running and the slight screen glow still visible when turning room light off. Turning off the tv by normal power switch on front panel does turn the tv off completely. I have had the back panel off, carefully hoovered everywhere to give a clear view of everything and nothing looks obvious (no swollen caps or anything), I also completely removed the main power board and looked both sides of it. Put everything back and there was stil no change, everything the same as described.

Thanks in advance
Neil

Sponsored Links
Perhaps I should of used the word suggestion, I was looking for an experts opinion on possible fault relating to my description

Sponsored Links
lol at "of" for "have". :LOL:

trotterwatcher, if you haven't managed to find a fix from searching Google and Youtube then there's a good chance that you'll be beating the pioneer trail on this one. That's not good. If you're just hoping to replace a part then I think you're going to be frustrated. It needs proper diagnosis by someone with access to a service manual. You need to take it to a repairer.

If you decide to replace boards then be careful. I've seen it where DIY board swaps result in killing new board because two boards need changing at the same time. That's an expensive lesson to learn.

If you're in Staffordshire then try Martin Dawes. They;re an approved repair agent for Panasonic.

There's also "Telefaults" in St. Michael's Road,
Pittshill,
Tunstall,
Stoke-on-Trent,
ST6 6LG
01782 813757

Cheers, bit the bullet and bought a nice new one, love it and not too bothered about the other now ☺ I'll stick it on eBay for someone else to play with or use the bits

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back