Paint or replace guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, raining in Bucks here.

Which brings me to a new question to the group, the gutting we have at the moment on our detached 1960's house is white (well, dirty white) and we are wondering whether to replace with dark grey, or paint dark grey - what would be most cost effective? The guttering is easy to access and take down

Sponsored Links
Only a point mate but if you are going to disturb your guttering, expect a few broken brackets and an unobtainable gutter profile if you want to retain some of it.
I'd renew rather than paint, personally.
John :)

Thanks John, I've been looking at online stores and my heart has missed a few beats at the prices.

I wondered where I should be looking to get decent prices?

Sponsored Links
Also worth considering if installing new guttering is joining to neighbouring gutters and the need then to match to theig gutters same profile shape/ dimensions so as to prevent leaks at these junctions. If your new gutters would be independent of any others then getting a deeper section gutter such as an OGEE type is well worthwhile. Not only gives a faster flow rate to shift water during heavy rain but normally they also have much better quality fittings, rubber seals and brackets etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back