Woodchip !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just been watching a property program and was reminded of the incessant aversion to woodchip. Can somebody tell me what is wrong with woodchip, compared with some of the ridiculous coverings available I think it is the most practical finish you could have. I suspect that maybe the movement could be inspired by producers/retailers of the latest "trendy" offerings.

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with it hard wearing and easy to patch, it's just fashion, remember all those big print papers from the 70's now back as "feature" walls.

Only problem is if you want to remove it, Lincrusta had the same stigma years ago now it's the darling of home designers! ;)

Thanks for that , what I suspected. I can see the problem in removing it of course, I have the solution.....don't !

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that , what I suspected. I can see the problem in removing it of course, I have the solution.....don't !

Modern is flat, wood chip looks nasty, alway has and alway will. It reminds me of student digs and cheap rentals.

Modern is flat, wood chip looks nasty, alway has and alway will. It reminds me of student digs and cheap rentals.

Don't worry it will come back maybe under another name eventually :D
Just like Lava lamps and 60,s Diners ;) ;)

Main thing to be aware of it was usually put up to cover poor plasterwork.
Might sound daft but I was amazed when I first worked with it to find it is real wood chips! I kinda thought it was called that because of the texture. :rolleyes:

Well, if you have it every day it's alleged to reduce cholesterol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back