Changing details after recieving quote?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been getting some quotes for building work to my house. A couple have come through already, another should be through in about a week.

Initially I intended to have a go at doing the bathroom (gutting it; arranging re-plumbing due to corroded pipes; re-plasterboarding, tanking, tiling; installation of bath, basin and loo). But given the house only has one bathroom, and my lack of experience, on reflection it seems sensible just to get the contractor to 'hit it' and get it done. Much faster and fewer delays which would occur while I'm faffing around trying to figure out how to do things...

My question is, when should I put this to the contractors? I don't want to waste anyone's time more than neccessary. Should I get a quote on this extra work before accepting any? Or should I let one builder know I'm accepting his quote and then ask him about the extra work in the bathroom?

Advice would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I would recommend that you contacted the contractors back, requesting the extra work to be quoted for straight away.

The contractor may have other work to for-fill, and not allocated for the extra work hours required.

It is best that the contractors knows straight away!

Sponsored Links
Will contact them today then. Thanks a lot for that...

Back