New cable from the brown virgin box outside my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a virgin cable running from the green box in the street to the brown box outside my house.

From the brown box a cable runs into my house into a Technetix TRIS-1002L fully isolated system outlet. From here I have got a cable going into a splitter which then feeds into the TV and broadband.

What I am looking to do is run another wire from the brown box to another room.

All the below will therefore be new so can someone tell me if its the right thing I am doing please?

Will I therefore need a splitter in the brown box (just like the one i have got indoors)?
Run a cable from the splitter in the brown box to inside the house to the new location which will go into a new Technetix TRIS-1002L fully isolated system outlet. from here I will take a wire that will go into a new splitter which will then feed in to the Tivo box.

Will this work?

Thanks in adavance

Sponsored Links
It's all the property of Virgin Media so you shouldn't touch it. If your modifications affect other users in the street you could be in deep trouble. You should contact Virgin Media and pay for them to install whatever extras you need.

Sponsored Links
I can't help you. You would need to find someone who used to work for the company but still has access to the parts you need (i.e. willing to steal because you can't buy them).

Virgin Media - Terms & Conditions:
http://store.virginmedia.com/the-le...tions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#equipment

2. You are responsible for making sure that our equipment is safe and used properly at all times. To do this, you agree to do the following:
a. Follow the manufacturer's instructions and any other instructions we have given you;
b. Keep the equipment in your home and under your control (for example, you may not sell it, lend it or hire it out to anyone else, put it up as security for a loan or mortgage, or allow it to be seized under any legal process against you).
c. Insure any of our equipment against any loss, theft or damage for the full replacement value;
d. Not tamper with disassemble, misuse, neglect or damage our equipment;

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back