Blue/green marks on floorboards. Carpet just lifted.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone would be able to help with this. I've just lifted the carpets in the living room of my terrace (1905). There are strange dark marks where the knots are and mostly around the edges the floorboards are a blue/green colour.

I'm presuming that this is some sort of mould, but would I be able to sort it out with something?

I've (hopefully!) attached an couple of photos to show what I mean.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Cheers. We bought the house about 8 months ago and wanted to have a peek to see how the boards were, so have no idea whether it is or not!

Sponsored Links
Thanks both, not having any background in DIY, everything I see raises questions! So, no need to worry about the dark patches.

How about the blue/green colour? Can I treat that with anything? The floorboards seem in otherwise decent condition.

Cheers.

Many moons ago, there was a copper based wood preservative that was particularly good.....I'd put money on that's what the green stuff is.
Sorry, can't remember it's name! Loads better than the 'friendly' rubbish we have to use today!
John :)

That's great. Thanks for all your help!

First time I've posted on here, although have often looked, and it's been great to find out new things (and to reassure this newbie!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back