creda t622cw overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I,m new to this forum so bare with me.My tumble drier works fine for 2-3mins then cuts out.Ive tried replacing the 2 stats over the element ,but still the same,any help would be appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
Blocked filter or vent kit outlet, check air is being forced out of vent while running if not that's your problem

thanks for your post ,checked vent ,ok.cheked relay ,ok replaced all 3 stats,no joy , any more ideas would be helpful,Ive run out of them

ahh this is a condenser dryer-yes

Does it stop completely or overhaet, 2 different symptoms/cures
If it stops after a couple of secs take out the condenser block then remove the little black plug from the small tube that sticks out the back at the bottom then run it with this cap off, see if it works and get back to me with results

Sponsored Links
Cheers tried that and still no joy,it runs for a few minutes and cuts out,if left to cool down it starts again but for less time before cutting out.Seems like its overheating,have you any more ideas?
Thanks for your time

Hi tried everything suggested and now beleive its not an overheating problem,tried disconnecting elements and still cuts out any more suggestions welcome. wife close to suicide.

In what way did you check the relay? The symptoms you describe are a classic sign of a faulty relay.

Hi I tested the relay by jamming it in the closed position and it still cut out

I still think the relay is at fault here.
Normal symptoms. M/c starts, runs till it tries to change direction then stops. Pressing start, it may run again for a shorter period or won't start for 5 or 10 mins.

Had a further think on this problem during the day and there's a possibility the motor and/or capacitor may be faulty. i.e. breaking down once heated up.

thank you sleepyhead you were right in the first place it was the relay sorry for all the messing about. apparantly this is a common problem with this dryer, thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back