Worcester Greenstar 42 cdi,New version!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had a unlucky time with a 42cdi.
Brand new and the pressure gauge wasnt showing any reading, then to irritate further the new style filling loop was filling, then you could hear it die off to no flow.
Basicly you couldnt get it to go over 1bar without fighting it. So i was really worried about customer having issues, after me having problems.
I shouldnt have to fit a external loop! Brand new 1600 pound worth boiler and its giving problems on the first day.....Wonderful!!!

In the end me and the other gas fitter had to fit a external pressure gauge.
And weve left the filling loop for now, but im very dissapointed with Worcester, especially after the cost of the thing ! It should be in working order out the box like a Baxi is!! Which is half the price and never failed on 1st fire up.

Sponsored Links
A number of boilers fail on day one,it all depends on how they act to work it out and look after you,had one the other day where plate hex needed to be tighten up,another brand boiler ran for 3hrs then wouldn't work pcb didn't detect the flame,also a 4week old boiler the gas valve seized shut,again the brands were customer driven so I didn't get any stick but I must say apart from 1brand, sorting the fix was harder then it should of been which put me off big time, just one of those things

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back