Bosch cold fill washing machine - refuses to fill on cold -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,
so....
i have a bosch cold fill awasing machine - worked fine in my flat.
now i've given it to the parents as theirs has bitten the dust.
it;s plumbed in, connected to the cold feed - they actually have a cold and hot feed, and.... it wont take the water - in the same way as when i tried to start it at the flat with the water turned off.
if i connect it to the hot feed however, it works fine! - although i worry that will damage it so i'm not doing that.

any ideas? - could it be that the cold water pressure is too high? - if so what would be the likely cost of what is needed to reduce the pressure? - thanks!

Sponsored Links
Stick the cold water hose in a bucket. Open the valve. Any water?
As it works from the hot hose I'd guess the cold water valve on your plumbing isn't opening.

To reduce the water flow and pressure don't open the valve fully.

Sponsored Links
tried that one - no luck.
to my way of thinking, the machine doesnt know if it's being fed hot or cold - and i'd guess the hot is lower pressure to that must be it.

anyway. time to call on a plumber friend i think!
thanks

It has to be a faulty inlet valve. No need for a plumber to try and reduce water pressure. These valves should work up to mains pressure. Better to repair the machine than modify the plumbing. I'd try changing the inlet valve.

but would that explain how unscrewing the hose from the cold feed and screwing it straight onto the warm feed results in it working properly (but obviously with undesirable hot water).

Pressure of water holding the valve closed. Weak coil unable to lift the valve with cold water attached. As it lifts with less pressure against it it has to be a faulty valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back