Hospital Wetroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Surprised to find rocker switches in the wetroom. They may comply, but hospitals normally exceed the regs in these situations and fit pullcords.

Also, I wondered about this stat. I guess it must be SELV, being right next to the shower curtain.

Sponsored Links
Top switch likely SELV as is the thermostat but the keyed switch on wondered if that is SELV?

I think it is so easy to make errors when designs are altered and this is true be it a hospital or anywhere else.

Fitting a shower in a bed room will the fitter even realise sockets need removing? Wonder if the electrician knew it was to be wet room when he fitted key switch?

Pic misleading. The grid is 2G, having a red rocker adjacent for the ceiling light. Not convinced it is SELV. At least, I cannot hear a relay kicking in to turn the flu on...

I was wondering if it was going to be a private hospital but then I saw the NHS cleanliness notice.

NHS should comply with Health Technical Manuals.

Sponsored Links
Hi Owain
Can you explain about the tech. manuals?

Rice: I assumed (I know, shoot me!!) that it was electrical based on the size, looking as if it fits a 1G box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back