Transformation of a block of flats into a single dwelling ho

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I found the following in the Internet

In the interest of fire safety, *****if***** there is a door between

Uh uh, get a dictionary and learn what *if* means.

Maybe this replies to your question. It is Building Regulation Part B about fire safety.

And I have already told you the approved documents are not the regulations.

You really are a plum.

You say yes
(I say yes)
(But I may mean no)
You say stop (I can stay) and I say go go go (Till it's time to go), oh
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello hello
The Beatles said:
I say high, you say low,
You say why, and I say I don't know.
Oh no.
You say goodbye and I say hello, hello, hello.
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello, hello, hello,
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.

A recap is necessary concerning the following post

cjard

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:54 pm Reply with quote

Auction wrote:
Do you think that a block of 10 flats or maybe 100 flats will become a single dwelling house only because we have evicted all the tenants except one.

No

I want only to know why 'cjard' say 'No'

I would like to reply to 'AronSearle' if the Approved Documents are not the regulations what the regulations. Are you implying that there are none?

Auction wrote
"Do you think that a block of 10 flats or maybe 100 flats will become a single dwelling house only because we have evicted all the tenants except one"

"WE have evicted"

Big clue to Auctions interest in this matter, methinks.
No disrespect to any posters on this topic, but I would have thought any serious landlord or property developer would have invested in a top grade planning consultant for an opinion, not posted riddles on an internet forum.
Still, it all makes for entertaining reading.

I think you may be unduly crediting Auction as to the effort he's put in to making other people's lives better there..

I would like to reply to 'AronSearle' if the Approved Documents are not the regulations what the regulations. Are you implying that there are none?

For the hard of thinking amongst us:

Regulations = the law, an act of parliament, the thing you must obey
Approved documents = a set of guidelines published by the Secretary of State as to how he thinks compliance with the law is best achieved

The law effectively says "thou shalt make thy house accessible to disabled people" but that's it. Approved document M says "you should provide a WC on the lowest floor featuring a habitable room and it should have dimensions of x and y and a door located so that a wheelchair may approach and turn.. And sockets shall be between x and y millimetres off the floor.." And so on, and on, and on

Complying with the regs means you're also complying with the law. Not complying with the regs means you may be hauled off to court to see if the court believes you complied with the law. There are other ways of complying with the law than complying with the regs

Just in case you're still not getting it, think about the Road Traffic Act (the law) and the Highway Code (the approved document). The law shays "thou shalt not drive like a ****, lest you end up being charged with driving without due care and consideration". The highway code goes into great detail as to how not to drive like a ****. If you always drove in accordance with the Highway Code, it is very unlikely you could ever end up in court charged with careless or inconsiderate driving

The confusion usually steps when we say "the regulations"; most people are actually talking about "the approved documents"

As cjard says.

This matter causes confusion far to often, even among professionals.

The approved documents are just one way of complying with the regulation, but they are not the regulation itself.

A great number of buildings go up that do things different than as they are in the approved documents, because the approved documents are not the regulation.

I would like to reply to ‘b3taman’ that when I say "we have evicted" it is a way to talk but I am not in the busines of evicting people to make money.

However my question

"Do you think that a block of 10 flats or maybe 100 flats will become a single dwelling house only because we have evicted all the tenants except one"

Remained unanswered. ‘cjard’ replied ‘no’ but without explaining why he said ‘no’

I have to admit that it is a fundamental and difficult question

Yes it is publicly available but it contains the name of the surveyor who did the drawing and also the address of the property. It is why I am reluctant to send it to you. However I have already provided in my posts all material evidence which are in this plan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back