Labour's take on immigration.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see on the news. Ed Miliband is making a speech on immigration.. Not what you'd initially think, no,, he's promising to take on unscrupulous employers who pay immigrants a pittance. I'm left wondering what he'll do for British workers exploited by the same employers? (probably fook all) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
You wouldn't expect a government of the red coloured variety to encourage and allow immigration on a society changing scale to drive down wages for business. But they did.

You wouldn't expect a government of the red coloured variety to encourage and allow immigration on a society changing scale to drive down wages for business. But they did.

1. They didn't allow it, it is part and parcel of being in the EU, which you DID vote for by voting for pro EU parties.
2. They genuinely believe in the EU project = jobs and wealth for all.

Call them gullible and stupid if you will, but do so for the right reasons.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Gullible isn't a word I'd use to describe the tw*ts who've wrecked this country. Duplicitous, lying, bast*rds. yes.

I'm left wondering what he'll do for British workers exploited by the same employers? (probably fook all) ;) ;)

It is called the minimum wage.

What else do you expect 'the government' of any colour to do?

they don't pay the actual minimum wage yes the pay slips might say so
but travel costs gangmaster fees agency costs will bring that down to perhaps 3 or four pounds
then they will take off perhaps accommodation costs for the shanty town accommodation

I'm left wondering what he'll do for British workers exploited by the same employers? (probably fook all) ;) ;)

but travel costs gangmaster fees agency costs will bring that down to perhaps 3 or four pounds
then they will take off perhaps accommodation costs for the shanty town accommodation

If the pay slip says £6.70 per hour then that's what they are being paid.

Working in a food processing factory at the moment.
About the only ones who speak english are the owners who I know very well.
All nice cars in the car park. Nothing shabby, certainly nothing that would make you think they are being paid peanuts.

There's jobs in it I wouldn't do for £40 per hour far less £6.70. :rolleyes:

All nice cars in the car park. Nothing shabby, certainly nothing that would make you think they are being paid peanuts.

Yes the wage slip says £6.70 per hour, but then as Aron has said there are the deductions,
Put the wage up to £10 per hour and it will make more money for the Gang Masters.

Yes the wage slip says £6.70 per hour, but then as Aron has said there are the deductions,
Put the wage up to £10 per hour and it will make more money for the Gang Masters.

What they pay to gang masters is their problem. Not the employers.
We paid our guys full whack and no gang masters btw.
Food processing factory mentioned above is the same.

Sponsored Links
Back