Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saw this on another forum:

screenshot_438.jpg

Shame we don't have it.

Sponsored Links
Indeed! Every forum should have that.

I was on another forum last night where someone resurrected a "For Sale" thread from 2006 asking if he could pick the item up at the weekend!

As per the tapatalk discussion, however, I get the feeling there isn't a lot of active development going on in this place.

Sponsored Links
I don't know, it rather depends if DIYnot appreciate our time or not? The members make this site as popular as it is which in turn provides the advertising revenue. You tell me?

Though just because it is free (financially) to access the site are you saying we should not have an opinion?

Ha!

No - not saying that at all. But you have to consider the limited (unless I'm wrong - maybe William doesn't have the time as he's always on the move from one 5-star hotel to another on his private plane) funds available for "advancements".

Well quite, it's difficult getting Wifi signal on private jets and I keep spilling champagne on the laptop.

Joking aside and sadly back in the real world, there is/has been lots & lots & lots of active development. It is on a new version of the site/forum which has been underway for some time. Furthermore you'll be pleased to hear it does have such an old post warning.

Suggestions & opinions are welcome and appreciated. Just because there is no obvious signs something is happening, doesn't mean that nothing is going on, though I appreciate it can look like that at times.

Can we please have some more intelligent word-filtering, that does not vandalise our language using assumptions which would brand Shakespeare's writing as abusive, or tell our head of state that she is the patron of an organisation which uses foul language?

Well quite, it's difficult getting Wifi signal on private jets and I keep spilling champagne on the laptop.

Joking aside and sadly back in the real world, there is/has been lots & lots & lots of active development. It is on a new version of the site/forum which has been underway for some time. Furthermore you'll be pleased to hear it does have such an old post warning.

Suggestions & opinions are welcome and appreciated. Just because there is no obvious signs something is happening, doesn't mean that nothing is going on, though I appreciate it can look like that at times.

Oh! That's a surprise, then. Surprise in a good way, of course, and I retract my statement from above.

Any ETA for the upgrade?

You may be happy about that - however with that facility it brings a "don't moan at new users about searching before asking a question"! on the rest.:D

Because if a thread is locked due to its age and someone searches and wants to ask more questions about it or their situation is slightly different then they are left with starting a new thread.

Which leaves those that complain about someone starting a new thread instead of searching and replying to an existing thread - nothing to complain about :D

It's the best of both, because there is a warning message that the thread is old, and you can tick a box to acknowledge that you want to post anyway and it will still allow you to post. If you don't tick the 'acknowledge that the thread is old' box you get the message mentioned above. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back