Bosch 10.8v twin pack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ladies and Gents, does anyone have first hand experience of the bosch 10.8 v gsb and gdr twinpack? the rest of my stable is Bosch blue and Festool, but am in the market for some smaller drill/impact drivers for kitchen fitting etc.. but would like an honest opinion of them before I shell out beer tokens.
Cheers in advance
Steve

Sponsored Links
i have most off the bosch 10.8v kit
it stand up well to 18v kit but as you would expect a bit slower but will do most that 18v kit will do
to be honest the impact the drill driver and the hammer drill all perform in a similar way and progress on no12x4" screws

I have the GSB and it's good. I carry and use it as a driver, but in a pinch if I need to put one or two red plugs in, i can save going to the van for a bigger drill. any more than two plugs and you'll want the 18v or SDS

Sponsored Links
I don't think you wll regret it. All my cordless stuff is Makita but it's fair to assume that the Bosch stuff is just as good (ok better if you're a Bosch fan ;) ). The 10.8V drill/driver and impact driver are my most used power tools by far and go on every job.

The small size and light weight are a great advantage, especially when performing contortions to to reach what you need to fix. The light weight also comes into its own when you have a lot to screw e.g. decking. The 18V stuff only really comes out for masonry or where PZ3 or Torx headed stuff is needed.

I also have the 10.8 combi and it's up to putting a few small plug holes in soft brick but is most often used in the workshop with the other two so I have drill, driver and other e.g. drill, countersink, hinge drill etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back